Tuesday, September 11, 2012

mommy's learning

When will I learn:

  • that looking at other people's crafty blogs and awesome foods less than a week before Rosh haShana will not inspire me, but bring me down?
  • that yelling at kids to stop yelling is.. well, stupid
  • that being stressed results in stressed kids
  • that to be in a different place this year requires actually moving somewhere and doing something
  • that changing relationship patterns takes two people
  • that I feel guilty about downtime, so I overschedule and then nobody is breathing
  • that being different will put me (us, my family) in the spotlight, whether I desire it or not
  • that in a leadership vacuum someone has to step up
  • that doing the same thing and expecting a different result is insane
  • that our life set up is not like anyone else's set up, so their solutions might not be solving anything for us


Take a minute, write down a list of all the things that are bugging you. Just acknowledge them, do not solve anything yet. Fold it up, put it in your machzor in some random spot ( or in some meaningful reading that you are hoping to get to soon). See how you feel about these things when you stumble upon them during Yom Tov.

Give it a couple days, then pull out the list, and see what can be done about it. Some items are actionable, others require reflection, and others just require a voice.

I am taking a deep breath now.

from  http://coyoteprime-runningcauseicantfly.blogspot.com/2012/08/health-chronic-stress-linked-to-high.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment